Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 47: Seattle, WA (Bremerton, WA)

We got up from the hotel this morning, ate some breakfast, and watched a little bit of "GoldenEye" on TV before we took off. James Bond is too cool. :)

The trip was great. We had about 50 miles to do and we made great time. We arrived into town with the view of four aircraft carriers to our right.







I'm SO HAPPY!!! We're finally in Bremerton!!! I've been looking forward to this for so long, because now I'm able to spend time with my Uncle Jim and Aunt Eileen. They've been so kind.




Eileen drove us into town so we didn't get lost, and got us lunch. When my Uncle Jim got home, on his very cool Harley mind you, we talked for a little bit and then all of us went out to Olive Garden for dinner. We had pasta and then Tiramisu. It was incredible.

It's been so long since I've seen extended family, I forgot how great it was. It's great to be on the road, and get the chance to meet so many people, but it makes me see how much I miss my family... it's good to know that we'll be staying with family for the next few days.

Uncle Jim hooked us up with a tour tomorrow through an aircraft carrier that just came into port a few days ago, and then we may go through the city of Seattle.

We're loving our downtime and the Mitchell's hospitality.
Alyson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you guys should hunt down justin gasper while you're up there..